Feel like your metabolism is letting you down?
Your “metabolism” determines your basal metabolic rate, or the number of calories you burn at rest 💦! The higher your metabolic rate, the more calories you burn at rest. Many factors can affect your metabolism including age and genetics 🧬 but here are 5 easy ways to support it 🔥!
- Drink more water. 💧Water can help you lose and maintain weight. It temporarily increases your metabolism, keeps you hydrated and helps fill you up before meals.
- Eat protein with every meal . 🐟🥩🥜 Eating more protein can boost your metabolism so that you burn more calories. It also keeps you full for longer and can prevent overeating.
- Add weights to your workout. 💪🏼 Lifting weights can help build and retain muscle while reducing body fat. More muscle means a faster metabolism!
- Drink matcha daily. 🍵 Green tea boosts your metabolism and fat burning. Drinking matcha before excercise can increase fat burning by 25% while keeping your cortisol levels in check!
- Prioritise sleep. 😴 Lack of sleep can decrease the number of calories you burn, change the way you process sugar, and disrupt your appetite-regulating hormones.
Share with a friend who should know this! #matchaunion