This cold and creamy matcha green tea smoothie or smoothie bowl is packed with healthy ingredients. A matcha smoothie makes a refreshing and nourishing breakfast or snack. This recipe has been adapted from Yummy Mummy Kitchen.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Total time: 4 minutes
Yield: 1 smoothie
- 1/4 cup almondmilk (plus more as needed)
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 teaspoon MU matcha powder
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, packed
- 1-2 pitted Medjool dates (see note)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 cubes ice
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- a few blueberries
- pinch of shredded coconut
- Pour the almond milk into the blender.
- Top with banana, matcha powder, spinach, dates, and chia seeds.
- Place the blender lid on and blend.
- Stop and scrape down the sides (with blender off) as needed.
- For a thick smoothie bowl add just enough liquid to turn the blender blade and be patient. For a thinner, drinkable smoothie, add more liquid.
- Blend until all green spinach bits are gone.
- Transfer to a glass or bowl.
- Top with fruit and coconut if desired and enjoy right away!
To read the full recipe, visit: https://www.yummymummykitchen.com/2018/05/matcha-smoothie-banana-bowl.html