Matcha & White Choco Cups
This recipe has been adapted from Lore Salas of Dates & Avocados who has been obsessed with matcha and the magnificent desserts made with this magic powder since her trip to Japan. After many experiments, she found that its bitterness pairs perfectly with the sweetness of white chocolate (stay tuned for a MU version of this!) and berries. In this recipe, she uses fresh raspberries and chia seeds to create a thick, sweet jam, but suggests to use any other berry that’s in season.
FOR THE CUPS (yields 16 mini cups)
- 1 + 1/4 cup raw cacao butter, melted
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp raw cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp MU matcha powder
- Pinch of salt
FOR THE RASPBERRY JAM
- 1/2 cup organic fresh raspberries
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Process the jam ingredients together and allow to set in the fridge about one hour.
- Blend the cacao butter, cashew butter, vanilla, maple, and MU matcha powder until you get a smooth mixture. Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature and don’t over blend them.
- Pour half of the mixture into the muffin cups and place them in the fridge for 10minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of raspberry jam in the center and fill the cups up with the rest of the chocolate.
- Let rest in the fridge for another hour until harden.
To see more details about this recipe, please visit: http://datesandavocados.com/recipes/matcha-white-chocolate-cups-with-raspberry-jam/