Matcha Banana Bread
A delicious twist on the classic banana bread, this matcha loaf is easy to make, loaded with antioxidants and free from gluten and refined sugars. Snack on it when you are on the go or top it with your favourite nut-butter and jam for breakfast or tea time - its really our favourite all round treat.
Prep Time: 15 min | Baking Time: 70 min | Total Time: 85 min | Servings: 1 loaf in a 9" x 5" tin or a round cake tin
2 ripe bananas
30g coconut oil (melted)
3 organic eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 1/4 cup almond flour
1 1/2 tbsp MU premium matcha
1 pinch sea salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 170C (Fan).
2. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan or oven and allow to cool slightly.
3. Blend all the ingredients in a bender, food processor or Vitamix until smooth. Be careful not to over-blend.
4. Line your tin with baking paper or grease it with coconut oil. You may want to add extra almond meal to prevent sticking.
5. Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a skewer comes out dry. Cover the top with baking paper after 30 minutes to prevent the top from burning.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little. Serve warm or at room temperature.
7. Store the matcha bread covered in the fridge for up to a week or slice and freeze it (you can reheat it in a toaster or grill anytime you feel like it)
*If you don’t have a blender mash the bananas with a fork. Add the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, eggs and vanilla and mix well. Then fold in the ground almonds, matcha, salt and bicarbonate of soda.