Iced Sakura Matcha Latte is a perfect way to welcome the arrival of spring, and it's great to know about the cultural significance behind the name!
Cherry blossoms, or sakura, are an important symbol of spring in Japan, and the annual blooming of these flowers is celebrated with picnics and festivals. The delicate pink petals are also used to flavor and decorate various foods and beverages during this season, including the Sakura Matcha Latte. This recipe was inspired by the seasonal drink menu from Starbucks Japan.
This recipe is a delightful fusion of Japanese tradition and springtime ingredients. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 min | Total Time: 7-10 min | Servings: 1 glass
- 1 cup (240ml) of milk or dairy-free milk
- Ice cubes
- 4 medium-sized strawberries (One will be for the decoration)
- Strawberry flakes
- Whipped cream
- 1 tsp of MU Premium Matcha Powder
1. Put the MU Premium Matcha Powder and some warm water in a bowl and whisk it until it is frothy.
2. Cut three strawberries into small pieces.
3. Put them into a microwave to make them softer.
4. Mush the strawberries until it is nice and smooth.
5. Pour the strawberries into a glass, add ice cubes, and the milk of your choice.
6. Pour the matcha on the top.
7. Last but not least, add whipped cream, heart strawberry, and strawberry flakes.
8. Time to enjoy!