Bake this for when you need a little bit of heaven. These dreamy cookies are our founder Louisa's favourite cookie recipe and are absolutely delicious. Crunchy on the outside gooey on the inside... and did we mention that they are vegan and free of refined sugars and gluten? #Indulge #NOW
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 9 minutes
Total time: 24 minutes
Yield: 10-12 cookies depending on size
- 3/4 cup of oat flour – you can simply place oats into a blender and blend until you have a flour
- 1/4 cup of arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup of ground almonds
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp MU premium matcha
- 1/2 cup of smooth cashew butter
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 3 tbsp of avocado oil (can sub for coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Around 140g of vegan white chocolate chips or white chocolate chopped into chunks*
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl whisk together the cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and avocado oil until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oat flour, ground almonds, arrowroot powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and matcha.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate chips and save the rest for the top.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and with your hands press it down into a cookie shape.
- Leave some space between the cookies as they expand. Top with rest of the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 9min for chewy cookies or a little longer for crunchier cookies.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool down completely.
* We used iChoc White Vanilla. Feel free to use dark chocolate chips or any kind you like.
**These cookies freeze well. You can freeze half of the dough or make a double batch so you can have fresh cookies whenever you like in just 10 min (after defrosting). Just make sure you form the dough in cookie sized balls before hand.