An easy no-bake cheesecake with a smooth velvety texture! Serve your afternoon tea with these cute matcha cheesecakes!
Prep Time: 30 min | Setting time: 4-6 h | Total Time: 4h30min | Servings: yields 12 mini cheesecakes
For the base:
1.5 cups raw cashews
¾ cup coconut, dessicated
6 medjool dates
¼ tsp salt
For the filling:
1.5 cups cashews, soaked overnight
3 tbsp maple syrup
1.5 tsp matcha powder
¾ cup coconut cream (solid part of coconut milk)
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
For the topping:
Silicone 12-hole muffin tray
1. Add cashews to a blender and process into a meal. Add coconut, dates and salt and blend until a sticky mixture forms. You may need to soak your dates in warm water beforehand if they are too dry.
2. Evenly distribute the mixture in the 12 muffin holes and firmly press them down to form the base. If you arent using a silicone tray it may help to line the moulds with baking paper to simplify removal later.
3. Place tray into freezer to set.
4. Rinse the cashews and place them into the cleaned blender along with the other ingredients of the filling.
5. Remove the muffin tray from the freezer and evenly divide the filling among the muffin tins. Deflate air bubbles by tapping the tray on your surface.
6. Freeze for a minimum of 4-6 hours or until set.
7. Serve with sliced strawberries. You may allow the cakes to soften by taking them out 10 min before serving.
8. Store in the freezer for 1-2 weeks.