Get ready to join in the excitement as we gear up to celebrate our founder's upcoming birthday! As the special day draws near, we couldn't contain our enthusiasm to whip up the most delicious and unique treat to honor our remarkable leader. This easy recipe is a tribute to the creativity and passion that our founder Louisa infuses into everything we do. So, dear Matcha Union, let's embark on a culinary adventure to make this birthday celebration an extraordinary and memorable experience!
Wholesome & Irresistible - Creating the Perfect Crust
- ½ cup of pitted Medjool dates, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup of dry roasted and salted whole almonds
- ⅓ cup of unsweetened toasted coconut flakes (tip: toast raw coconut flakes at 300°F for 3 to 5 minutes until they turn golden-brown)
Let's kickstart the celebration by crafting the no-bake crust! Take those lovely Medjool dates and pop them into a food processor. Give it a whirl until they transform into a sticky ball. Now, bring in the roasted almonds and toasted coconut flakes, and pulse until they become delightful rice-grain-sized pieces. Voilà! Your crust is ready to make dreams come true. And if your dates seem a tad dry, don't worry, just sprinkle a dash of water to bring everything together.
Crafting the Zenful Filling
- ½ cup of melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup of full-fat canned coconut milk
- ⅓ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ cup of maple syrup (adjust to your sweet tooth's desire)
- 2 cups of raw unsalted cashews, soaked and drained for creaminess
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of matcha magic!
Now comes the heart of our celebration - the creamy filling that'll steal the show! Take out that trusty blender and gather the melted coconut oil, luscious coconut milk, tangy lemon juice, maple syrup sweetness, soaked cashews, the essence of vanilla, and a pinch of sea salt. Blend them all together until they form a velvety smooth blend that's like a dream come true. Oh, don't forget to set aside about ½ cup of this enchanting batter for the grand finale!
Introduce the matcha, the green superstar of our birthday party, to the blender and give it one more whirl until it's all mixed in beautifully. You'll end up with a captivating matcha-infused creation that's simply irresistible!
Zenful Assembly - Crafting the Birthday Masterpiece
It's time to create a birthday masterpiece that will leave everyone in awe! Grab your chosen canvas - whether it's a greased springform pan or adorable muffin liners in a muffin pan (because everything is cuter in mini!). If you're going for the springform pan, spread the crust evenly on the bottom for an easy serving later. But if you're all about the mini delights, scoop about 2 tablespoons of the matcha filling into each muffin liner and smooth it out. Now, let the creativity flow! Dollop a heaping teaspoon of the reserved batter on top and use a wooden skewer to create mesmerizing marble patterns.
A Dash of Patience
Our birthday masterpiece needs a little chill time to set its charm. Cover the pan(s) with plastic wrap and let them enjoy a few hours in the freezer. The result? A birthday matcha cheesecake that's ready to dazzle and delight!
Unleashing Zenful Bliss - A Birthday to Remember
The moment has arrived! As the candles flicker and the birthday song fills the air, it's time to present your Birthday Matcha Cheesecake. Before you dig in, let the cheesecake thaw a bit in the fridge for about 2 hours. Or, if you can't wait to make a wish, leave it out on the counter for 10-15 minutes for the perfect celebration texture.
Now, remove the cheesecake from the springform pan or pop out those adorable mini masterpieces from the muffin pan. Slice, serve, and savor!
- Speed up cashew soaking by using 4 cups of boiling water for 10-30 mins.
- Store soaked cashews in the fridge for up to 4 days if not using immediately.
- Adjust matcha and maple syrup to taste for a personalized level of sweetness.
- We lovingly crafted this unique adaptation from Nom Nom Paleo.