FREE 48H UK SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER 40£ + MATCHA COLLECTION NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE💞
Kimi's Warming Winter Lunch with Matcha Dressing
Our dear friend Kimi from Konsicous London created a twist on one of her favourite warming winter dishes by using our matcha in the dressing. We love the combination of salty, bitter and sweet - perfect to add flavour to your favourite vegetable or salad. In this recipe we use King trumpet mushrooms (its all about the thick, meaty stem on this jumbo mushroom that serves as a great meat substitute in this asian inspired plant-based dish!), sweet potatoes and Bok Choy.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Servings: 2
FOR THE VEGETABLES
- 250g King trumpet mushrooms (chopped in halves)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 garlic clove (minced)
- 100 ml white wine
Salt and pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped into small squares)
- 1-2 tbsp vegan butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch Bok Choy (cleaned with cold water and chopped in half)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp MU premium grade matcha
- 1 1/2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 spring onion stems
- 20g coriander
- 1 thumb tip of fresh ginger
- Pinch of black pepper
- Add ingredients for the dressing to a blender. Blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Heat up the olive oil in a pan and add onion and garlic. Add mushrooms and sautee until they start sticking to the pan. Now add white wine. Season with salt and pepper, close the lid and cook for another 7-10 min.
- In a pot, bring water to boil and add some salt. Add sweet potatoes and simmer until soft for about 15 min. Drain water and put them back into the pot, adding 1-2 tbps of vegan butter, season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan, heat up some sesame oil (other oils like olive oil work too). Place Bok Choy in the pan and cook for about 2 min without moving until slightly browned. Flip over and cook the other side until lightly browned, 1-2 min. Add soy sauce and water and cook for another 2 min.
- Serve with Matcha dressing, fresh coriander, chives or spring onion and ground pepper.