FREE 48H UK SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER 40£ + MATCHA COLLECTION NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE💞
Buckwheat Matcha Pancakes
These Buckwheat Matcha Pancakes by Early Brawd are sugar-free with a hint of matcha. We love them because they pair well with sweet (think blueberries and coconut yoghurt) and with savoury flavours (like guacamole or stir fried veggies)...
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6-8 pancakes
- 1 cup white buckwheat flour
- 1 cup white spelt flour (or GF flour blend)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp MU matcha powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal + 5 tbsp water)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil (+ extra for the pan)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 2 tbsp of flax meal with 5 tbsp of warm water and let sit 5 minutes to thicken.
- Mix the buckwheat flour, spelt flour, baking powder, matcha and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flax eggs, the almond milk, grape seed oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well using a spatula to combine. You should get a smooth and homogeneous texture.
- Lightly coat a non-sticky skillet with extra oil on medium-high heat.
- Pour a large scoop of the batter into the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Then switch using a spatula and cook the other side 1 minute. You can use a round form to shape your pancakes and make them thick.
- Serve with coconut yogurt, fresh fruits and maple syrup.
To read the full recipe, visit: https://earlybrawd.com/buckwheat-matcha-pancakes/